We’re preparing a new format for the communisphere.com site that will be ready any day now. It will combine our activities as now presented in the below sites.
- Connectingnyc.org – The blog/wiki/web sites supporting Connecting.nyc Inc.’s advocacy effort for the .nyc TLD. It was developed beginning in 2005 and has a few hundred wiki and blog pages. The best way to explore it is to start with the blog and use the Categories on the right.
- dotNeighborhoods – An offshoot of the connectingnyc.org effort focused on the neighborhood name-set: Astoria.nyc, BrooklynHeights.nyc, Chelsea.nyc, etc.
- JacksonHeights.nyc – The home page for JacksonHeights.nyc, the pilot project for city neighborhood sites.
- Sustainable City-TLD – The focus here is on exploring ways that a city TLD can serve the needs of city organizations and residents for the long term.
- Transparent Search – A trustable search engine is an essential component of an effective civil society. All sectors of society benefit when an Internet search tool accurately presents available resources. This page focuses on developing such search tools for the .nyc TLD.
- City-TLD Governance – A vital question that all cities must address. From here we explore how the everyday Internet user can influence the development of the Net.
- BeyondVoting – This is a project I began in 2005 with the intent of exploring ways we might use tech to improve our governance practices. It’s a public wiki that regularly gets spammed. Today I’d be inclined to press a kill button if it existed.